InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to KotMF. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!

Please note the "The Pub" is an open area for ANY type of topic, offensive or otherwise. If you do not wish to partake, please just skip that forum.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

If you're a paid member of the club, please let Sir Vorlauf know your user name so he can give you the proper level of access.

Name:   Password:

Extra Billy's, Richmond VA Brewpub
Sir Braggot
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 02:14 AM

Knight
Group Icon

Group: Knight KotS
Member No.: 3

Had to travel to VA on business this week, which stinks since I'm missing out on some fun back home, but made the most of it and found a decent local brewpub.

Went to Extra Billy's Smokehouse and Brewery tonight. It seems like where I went was the second of two locations. Definitely some good stuff. Wings, short ribs, pulled pork were all really good.

5 beers on tap and did a sampler to get them all. Pretty solid overall. Nothing over the top "double this or that", just some good enjoyable beers. A great helles bock with a little extra hop kick was definitely my favorite. Their stout was heavy on the roast, which was set to pair with the food offerings. A solid pilsner and red ale. The only one that let me down was their "golden ale", which I think was supposed to be their mass appeal offering had some unfortunate butterscotch notes that turned me off.

If you're in the area, definitely worth checking out!
« Next Oldest | New Products & Reviews | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

KotMF.com